The Association for the Development of Education in Africa (ADEA), through its Inter-Country Quality Node on Early Childhood Development (ICQN-ECD) is organizing - in collaboration with the Ministry of Education of Senegal - a Leadership Capacity Building Workshop on Early Childhood Education and Development (ECED). To this end, we have the pleasure to invite your country to participate in this workshop to be held from 23rd to 25th March 2020, in Dakar (Senegal).
The Leadership Capacity Building Workshop, themed “Making it to 2030 and contributing to Africa’s Agenda 2063” seeks to engage participants in policy implementation issues related to quality improvement and, more specifically, in strengthening ECED workforce in key aspects of programming including measurement of early learning. This is part of a collective approach to intensify and expand sustainable leadership capacities for ECED in Africa in order to achieve target 4.2 of Sustainable Development Goal 4 (SDG4) of the 2030 Agenda, Africa’s Agenda 2063, the Continental Education Strategy for Africa 2016-2025 (CESA 16-25) and the objectives of the Africa Union’s CESA ECED Cluster.
The workshop will bring together senior officials of African Ministries of Education, representatives from partner organizations, including development cooperation agencies and other professionals engaged in ECED who will have the opportunity to discuss and analyze - through presentations and working group sessions - various policies, strategies and best practices. In addition, kindly note that participants will be expected to contribute towards the development of a toolkit meant for practitioners in the field of ECED. The toolkit would be presented during the forthcoming Continental Conference on Early Childhood scheduled for 19th – 23rd October 2020 in Senegal.
The specific objectives of the workshop are to:
- create a platform for learning exchanges among participating countries and showcasing innovations
- engage in policy implementation issues relating to needs and priorities in the delivery of an integrated package of ECED services
- share country experiences of current status of ECED workforce
- support policy implementation at national level for early learning
- contribute towards the development of an on-line ECD leadership programme for sustainable capacity building
The expected outputs of the workshop are to contribute to a:
- Framework for action for effective implementation of quality ECED programmes at scale
- Strategy for strengthening ECD workforce at national level and in the region
- Framework for measuring early learning
- Concept Note on the on-line graduate Africa Based Capacity Development for ECED leadership programme
- Strengthened network of practitioners leading to the setting up of a professional learning community in ECD